USB-C to iMac late 1014?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DotCom2, Nov 3, 2018.

1. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

Looking to get the new iPad Pro 12.9 USB-C iPad. I have a late 2014 iMac 27 inch 5K.
    How am I going to cable the iPad to my iMac? I might be blind but I don't see an adapter on Apple's website for this. I connect all my iOS device to iTunes on my iMac. Can someone direct me to where this type of setup adapter would be on Apple's website or at the least a reputable one? I do prefer Apple products but a well know vendor would do also.
    TIA

2. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

If you want to stick to Apple only, then your choice is limited to the USB-C to USB cable. You would then need a USB-A male to male cable to connect it to your computer.

Otherwise, Amazon and pretty much anywhere else is littered with good adapters. I use Aukey ones, decent make, never had a problem. Just search for USB-C to USB-A adapter.

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

You will not need an adapter, but a USB-C to USB-A cable. I don't think Apple sells those, but you can get them online easily.

4. DotCom2 thread starter macrumors 68040

5. arfung macrumors newbie

Do you think thunderbolt will work?

I going to try iPad Pro (2018) - usb-c/thunderbolt converter - thunderbolt cable - thunderBolt port on iMac

If that doesn't work, I'll go USB-C -> USB-A

6. profets macrumors 601

I don’t think so as the iPad Pro is USB-C only (no thunderbolt). Thunderbolt 3 is a superset of USB-C. That TB3 (USB-C) to TB2 adapter/cable that Apple sells for example won’t work.