USB-C to lightning review

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bradley8795, Nov 6, 2015.

1. bradley8795 macrumors regular

So I picked up this USB-C to lightning cable this morning, got it from amazon, the link is below. The first thing that I noticed when I opened the package is that the cable is very thin, without comparing it to my Apple lightning cable it seems a lot thinner and lower quality, after comparing the two side by side they aren't that different. The Apple lightening cable is a little thicker but not much. The lightning port looks just like the one from apple and fits and works correctly. The USB-C end looks nothing like it did in the listing. I am actually disappointed it is much bigger and thicker than the pics on Amazon looked like. See the pictures below.

As for how it works.....perfectly. Connected it to my macbook and iTunes immediately popped up, the phone does not see it as an unsupported accessory, but nowhere on the generic packaging or on the listing did it say that it was made for iPhone certified. So other than the way it looks everything else is spot on. It will do for now and hopefully the slightly thinner cord holds up to use. Will update it if I think of anything else or if it seems to not stand the test of time.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XHX066U/ref=twister_B0135G5UGY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Files:

2. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

It's funny to me that they spent the effort to make the lightning end nice and slim but the usb-c end is huge and bulky.