USB-C to USB-B cable not available until February 28?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dapork, Dec 31, 2016.

1. dapork macrumors regular

dapork

I ordered a handful of things from the Apple.fr, including a MBP that's supposed to arrive by January 31st.

I also ordered a Belkin USB-C to USB-B "printer" cable that's scheduled to arrive the 28th of February. Can someone tell me why the predicted delivery date is two months away?

If I can, I'll just buy one if a store around the time I pick up my MB.

Or are they in the process of making these??

2. dapork thread starter macrumors regular

dapork

Anybody have an idea why the delivery date is so late? Should I just cancel the order and buy it in a store? Can it be bought in stores?

3. hallux, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017

hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

This style USB-B? This is a USB 2.0.. StarTech.com 1m (3ft) USB-C to USB-B Cable - M/M - USB 2.0 - USB Type-C to USB Type-B Cable - Newegg.com Yes, I realize you're not from the US, based on the Apple site you say you ordered from and your profile, just showing that they ARE available.

Here's a 3.3M one on Amazon (surely you have a local Amazon page). Amazon.com: Cable Matters USB 2.0 Type C (USB-C) to Type B (USB-B) Printer Scanner Cable in Black 6.6 Feet: Computers & Accessories

Both appear to be available. Why is Apple not shipping yours for so long? Only Apple knows - best guess is that either they're sold out or they don't even expect stock for some time yet.

You could also get a USB-C male to USB-A female adapter to plug in your existing cable. Amazon.com: AUKEY USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter, Set of 2: Computers & Accessories

Please don't be frustrated your question wasn't answered as quickly as you hoped it would be, yesterday was a holiday on which many people spend a lot of time partying rather than sitting in front of their computers.

Is this the cable you ordered - Mfr. Part Number: F2CU028yw1M-WHT This one shows as available on the US Apple site (where I'm from), I could have it as early as Wednesday.

4. dapork thread starter macrumors regular

dapork

Hey I'm not frustrated I just wanted to bump the thread cause it was falling back and I was afraid no one would see it. Yeah I noticed that they're "in stock" in the US. For some reason the french apple store has this long delivery wait.

Anyway, I wanted to include it in my total order cause I was getting a discount. I'm just gonna cancel it from Apple though and order it on Amazon as you suggested. It's cheaper even.