USB-C to USB what speed is the USB?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by spinedoc77, Apr 20, 2016.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

That adapter should be usb 3.1 Gen 1 (ie. usb 3.0 with a usb-c connection). 5Gbps.

That's the spec of the port on the retina MacBook it's designed for. I have them both here in front of me.

3. deeddawg, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  4. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Awesome thank you, I wonder why Apple doesn't list it on their site. Some of the ones I'm looking at on Amazon say 10Gbps, but I'd rather have Apple quality.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 21, 2016 ---
    Nice, I just ordered one. Looks very small.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

It is. Almost too small perhaps. :D I keep a cheap USB3 SD card reader plugged into mine to provide a bit larger and less easily lost object. Of course that reader is why I bought it so it's the best place for it anyway.
    One note: I found it can be a bit stiff to connect the first few times. I was on the verge of returning it to Amazon due to it not working when I read the reviews and discovered that aspect. Now it's great.

6. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I don't know if you bought the Apple one yet, or what your exact needs are, but they did just start selling a lightning to usb-c camera adapter http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter?fnode=37 which has the added benefit of a charge port which means it can support more peripherals. With the basic adapters some peripherals may not receive enough power.