USB Cable...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamied95, Nov 14, 2010.

1. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Right, my USB cable from my iPhone 4 doesn't work anymore. A couple of weeks, I went on holiday, using the supplied plug, and the only way to make it charge was to urn the wire back on itself (aka, pointing straight up), I come back, and now it doesn't work with my computer, or my plug... it's a bit of a problem, because I've been fairly careful with it, more careful than with my old one, which only broke when my sister stole it... unfortunately, in my attempts to bed it to make it work, it now has a 4mm ish slit in the white casing of the wire...

Is there anything I can do, to either make it work? Or get it fixed? I don't want to pay out £20 for something that can't seem to put up with careful day to day usage...

Help?

2. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

try taking it to the apple store for a replacement. I seem to remember them offering replacement ear buds (for any reason) when I made my purchase of the iPhone. I don't see why they wouldn't replace the USB cable.

3. jamied95 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's two hours drive, the petrol would cost more than the headphones.

4. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

$2.57 apple data cable from amazon

You can try ordering a few from the link above. These cables are hit and miss when looking for long lasting/durable cables, especially if you use them very often. Unless you know or you are a skilled electrician then I wouldn't suggest trying to fix the cable yourself.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

5. ivandr macrumors regular

https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.do

Go there, you can put in the phone's serial number and start a case. Apple will send you a new cable and then you have to return the old cable using the prepaid label they will send. I did it last week and had a new cable in 2 days.

6. jamied95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Did it cost?

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If it did, I'm sure it's less than Petrol to the Apple store. :)