USB connection kit works on iPhone iOS 7

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macalway, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Macalway macrumors 68000

I was very surprised by this. I'm not sure who knows about it, but I thought i'd better give a heads up, as this could save a few people some headaches.

I can run just about everything i could with the iPads, but I haven't tested very many things. I do know it will power some midi keyboards, so it must be fairly tolerant. I mean, these things are HUGE, powered by the itty bitty iPhones.

Awesome :D

2. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

What your set up? iPhone 5/5S and SD iPad Camera KIT or USB? And did you get it from the Apple Store?
    And are you jailbroken or installed any tweaks?

3. Macalway thread starter macrumors 68000

It's the Apple USB Camera Connection Kit. Previously, it only worked on the iPads, and you would get a 'This accessory is unsupported' message on iPhones or iPod Touch. It now works on both of these with iOS 7. No need to Jailbreak or anything.

It had been this way for so long it caught me by surprise that they actually changed it. But it makes sense, as the new cameras in the phones could use external storage. Fortunately, it not limited in any way I can tell, and works as it does on the iPads.

My iPhone 5s is a pretty powerful device, and this new option makes it that much more useful.

4. Davewithak macrumors regular

Sorry for the bump, but can you check if this still works with iOS 7.1?

5. teameurox macrumors regular

have you tried a flash drive?

I keep getting a unsupported message, yet when I throw it in my mini no problems arise