USB driver for otherwise unsupported devices (like audio-interfaces)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Cox Orange, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Cox Orange, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015

Cox Orange macrumors 68000

Jan 1, 2010
    I haven't used it, but wanted to share it, since someone mentioned he got his older Digidesign MBox work with it again, the Intel version costs a bit and the PPC-version is FREE :)

There are also some MAudio USB drivers for PPC (from MAudio itself), I didn't know they did exist.

Edit: I thought I just add them (not sure, if complete)

- m-audio mobilePre
    - m-audio Omnistudio
    - m-audio USB Quattro
    - m-audio audiophile

...and while we're at it, some more audio drivers for Digidesign, Motu, Behringer,Mac+OS+X+10.5+PPC,Mac+OS+X+10.3.9,Mac+OS+X+10.2,Mac+OS+X+10.3,Mac+OS+X+10.1,Mac+OS+X+10.4

and "Classic"

I assume some of those came already with the equipment one bought or were included anyway...
  2. audiophiler macrumors newbie

Sep 23, 2015
    would this work with the profire 610 that maudio just discontinued support for OSX?
  3. tevion5 macrumors 68000

Jul 12, 2011
    I currently use an M-Audio C400 as my main interface on my MBP. I love Logic Pro X to bits. I now use the old MobilePre interface it replaced with my G5. The install CD it came with was universal binary so it installed without a problem. I since acquired the most recent drivers online. In conjunction with Logic Pro 9 it's a decent secondary recording setup for when I'm not in college.
  4. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

Jan 1, 2010
    Yes, I think we PowerPC users still have some good chances of finding the right usb driver at least for audio stuff.

I found these dirvers by luck, at the time I was actually searching for a driver for my Freecom CD-RW 4424 external Drive, that worked under OS 9, but not under 10.2+. Unfortunately I think I will never find a dirver for that, because it is no real USB. In fact the device itself has an SCSI output and only converts it to USB. So, if someone stumbles over a freecom 4424 driver sometime, let me know. ;)
  5. cw48494 macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2015
    Could I get my FiiO 2 dac/amp working with this?