USB extender cable for use on the current lighting cable?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Juicy D. Links, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

Anybody tried this if so any recommendations?

I am going to check Amazon and Ebay but if anybody has this setup and has recommendations shoot away...

Would love a extra 3 feet if possible on existing cable :cool::cool:

2. noobinator macrumors 601

3. Juicy D. Links thread starter macrumors 6502

4. HERO XXL macrumors regular

i have a few laying around from other electronics--no problem here--if anything, it might take a LITTLE longer to charge, but not by much. but as far as syncing goes--no problems experienced.

5. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

I'm using a generic USB extender with no issues. Screen and everything seems fine :D

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I've been using one for a few years. It came with an SD card reader. I haven't had any problems on any of my iDevices.

7. nelupasilk macrumors newbie

I only use Cat5 USB Extender solutions. I have purchased a few units from KVMSwitchTech in the past and they work great. I would recommend checking them out as they offer a wide range of USB Active Extender cables and Cat5 USB Extender solutions.

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

If you want something aesthetically pleasing that matches the cable, Apple's keyboard extension cable should work. Apple designed it to only work with its keyboards, so it has a metal notch in the plug. You can still insert the cable if you do so at an angle, but it's a bit hard to remove, so you might want to flatten the notch with some pliers.