USB Extentions w/ iMac??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rhobes, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Rhobes macrumors 6502

Rhobes

Hello-
    I have a 1 year old 27" iMac (see sig). Moved to a new home & have a new layout for the system. I'm wondering if there would be any problems using a USB extention to my numerical (wired) keyboard? (stock USB cord too short with under desk tray use).

I also have a number of peripherals to plug in which necessitates use of my Belkin USB Hub. The iMac only has 4 USB ports (the keyboard none).

I have a Card Reader which needs to be plugged directly into the iMac (per instructions), keyboard too?

I have an older Epson Stylus Photo 925 and Epson Perfection 2400 Photo scanner I plan to attach via the Belkin Hub.

I also have a new Epson Stylus Pro 3880 which needs to be wired up, can this be attached via the "Hub"? otherwise I will need a long (10') USB to wire directly to the iMac.

I also have a Wacom Tablet to hook-up.

Using the Hub I wouldn't need to use USB extention cords to make the length to the iMac with the 2 printers & scanner.

Just looking for advice on how these peripherals should be connected so I don't have problems. :confused:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You should not have any problems with either the extension of the hub. I have used both before with no trouble.

3. Rhobes thread starter macrumors 6502

Rhobes

Thanks for the reply. :D