USB External Drive?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by w00t951, Aug 13, 2012.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I have a Galaxy Nexus running 4.1.1 stock and rooted. Does anyone know if I can connect my Western Digital 1TB hard drive to access files on the drive? The HDD has a power adaptor.

2. hot spare macrumors 6502

I doubt that. Only device known to power such devices would be a GS3. Again not all devices may work.

Some info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1746899

3. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

Guys, most phones aren't designed to access 1TB. Keep it to your laptops. This is only for USB sticks.

You can't get too crazy about what is possible with your phone. This is a handheld device. It's supposed to compliment your other, larger devices.

4. cynics macrumors G3

USB mass storage (just usb hosting, keyboards, mouse, game controllers, etc) is not a function of Android, at least last time I tried it. However rooting or a manufacture skin can fix that.

That size drive, you'd be much better off asking (searching) androidcentral or XDA.

Not to get too far off subject but plug in your iPhone to an android device. Pretty cool, not only can you sync photos but it will charge the iPhone.