Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sv2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Ok, I bought a new flash drive, 16GB. I can get it to read on Windows XP fine, it is formatted in Fat32. But when I connect it to my mac under Leopard OS X 10.5.5, it doesn't see it. It doesn't even come up under disk utility.

Is there anyway to get it working? Or should I send it back?

Also, the activity light works properly when connected to XP, (starts flashing), but when connected to my mac it just stays solid.

*edit: whoops, I fixed it. It seems there wasn't enough power on the keyboard's USB port to run it, so I had to hook it right in the back. Kind of a nuisance. Please lock / delete this thread.

durija

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
I have 3 flash drives, all formatted FAT 32. I have erased and formatted each myself. One of the three is recognized by my 10.5.5 iMac about 1 out of 20 times when I plug it in the back, and it's also a no show in disk utility. (Now I only use that one for Windows where it's fine.) I don't know why it's that way, but just letting you know that you're not the only one with such an experience.

If the box says OS X 10.5 compatible, I would take it back and try a different brand. If not, you may be out of luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.