USb flash drive

Discussion in 'iMac' started by retired, Apr 24, 2013.

1. retired macrumors member

I sometimes use a flash drive to have photos developed at our mall photo store . I wanted a print of a photo so I loaded it on the usb . When I went to the store there were several photos on the drive . I thought I had deleted them . When I came home and plugged the drive into my mac it only showed 1 photo . How can I delete everything on the drive if I cannot see it . I know I am supposed to move the photos to trash and empty the trash with the drive still plugged in . Obviously I didn't do that for the other photos on the flash drive . Any way to clear the flash completely
    Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

Where those the actual photos you saw on the USB flash memory thumb drive while being at the photo store or just files with the names of those photos?

Maybe enable Finder to show hidden files, to see, if they are still on there: Mac OS X – Show / Hide Hidden Files in Finder

If you really want to make sure they are gone, you could format the USB flash memory thumb drive via Disk Utility.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

3. retired thread starter macrumors member

It was actual photos not just file names . How do i enable finder to show hidden files

4. simsaladimbamba

The link I provided called "Mac OS X – Show / Hide Hidden Files in Finder" in my first post shows you that.

Can you Finder > select USB flash memory thumb drive >> GET INFO >>> Format ?
    [​IMG]