USB flip broken

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Sound Evolution, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Sound Evolution macrumors 6502

Dear,

Sadly I discovered that the USB (I/O) flip door is broken on one of it's mechanical points (the side of the headphone jack).

I use my laptop very intense, and click in as well my headphone as well different USB devices many times a day. Because of this use it is broken.

However I am always very careful with my baby and never did anything with force or violence.

I am still in warranty, Do you think I can get this fixed under warranty or is it my own fault?

With kind regards,
    Bas

2. rhyx macrumors 6502

Call Apple. We obviously can't answer here in the thread. There's really no way to know.

3. justit macrumors 6502a

If out of warranty, I'd just remove it. Unscrew the bottom panel to pull it out. The door is a hindrance if you're a heavy user.

4. AIRniloc macrumors regular

AIRniloc

call 1-800-APL-CARE and have them make you a case and a genius bar appointment...this will increase the chances of a genius getting it repaired under warranty...

5. Sound Evolution thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the advice, but we don't have a genius bar in the Netherlands, neither we have Apple stores. :(

With kind regards,
    Bas

6. yuhaii macrumors member

That's not true. there are authorized apple retail stores in netherlands. You just take your computer there and they will take care of it. Call apple and they will tell you the nearby store.