USB HD Help???!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by veo321, May 30, 2009.

1. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

I have a USB Hardrive that I put the Mac OS X Instillation on and I'm trying to get it to automatically boot on the computer when it boots up the external HD it just waits for a command and I have no idea :confused: . I need the instillation to boot automatically without typing anything and I know I should use a DVD but I can't so please dont answer unless you have a solution I used Disk Utility to put it on the external hardrive. Please Help!
    ~Thanks~

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you found any solutions via those search result: Install Mac OS X from USB drive ?

Do I understand you correctly, that you want to install Mac OS X from a Disk Image of the Leopard Installation DVD created with Disk Utility and stored on an external USB drive?

What does happen, if you hold down the Option/Alt key during start up?

Is the Mac you want to install to the MacBook in your signature or some other Mac?

Do know, that only Intel Macs have the possibility to boot via USB.

3. veo321 thread starter macrumors regular

veo321

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

^ You should have mentioned that.

So you have Mac OS X and Windows installed, one installation is on the USB drive, or what?

Have you tried the BootCamp Icon in the Task Bar under Windows and then selected the Start Up Disk?
    [​IMG]

Why were you referring to the DVD if you don't mean an installation process?

Sorry, but internet english is not my monkey's tongue, so I might be a little bit confused about what you really want.