USB Hub fitted for MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by eVolcre, Jun 3, 2008.

1. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Like my other thread on portable HDs, can anyone recomend a travel USB hub that works with the MBA.

Might be a dumb question, a hub is a hub, but I want one that fits in the port door without making the computer uneven on a desk.

Looking at the Belkin ultra mini port. I like the swivel hub but read somewhere that it doesn't fit flush with the MBA

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Hi-Spe...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1212485449&sr=1-19

eV

2. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

3. shinchook macrumors regular

shinchook

4. qpid macrumors regular

5. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

A long time ago, I vowed to never buy another Belkin product. Their quality control is terrible and their components are always under-performing. And that swivel doesn't look too sturdy.

I'll stick with the T3 hub.

6. Dataslave macrumors newbie

Dataslave

I use a Targus ACH74US Ultra Mini USB 2.0 4-Port Hub and it works great. The part that plugs into the Air has a little nub on it that clips into the main unit for travel. This nub needs to be shaved off or it will come into contact with the desk and lift the Air up.

Other than that minor flaw, I love the device. Its small, discrete, and is bus powered only. I've had no problems powering the ethernet adapter, a third party dvd burner, thumb-drive, and a small external hard drive.

It comes in black and blue; its like a lottery. I ended up buying a second one for my time capsule, and now I have one of each color.

7. harmonica01 macrumors 6502

What I want is a USB hub that can run the Apple superdrive for the macbook air, and an external HD at the same time. That would make this machine so much more capable and worthwhile for me