USB Hub for my MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by entatlrg, Mar 6, 2009.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Is there any particular USB Hub's that Air owners prefer over another?

Please post what you're using, how many ports and is it powered by an AC adapter?

Thanks

2. Maks macrumors member

I bought a Griffin Smartshare USB...it only has 2 ports, but I don't really use many USB devices in the first place. I'll be able to hook up an EVDO card and a USB drive at the same time. It's much smaller than any of the 4 port hubs as well, which was a factor for me.

3. ltsching macrumors member

I have the Belkin 4 port USB 2.0 Plus Hub with power adapter. It works well as I use it with two external HDDs, iPhone, and a scanner.

4. MorningZ macrumors newbie

MorningZ

I'm using the Targus ACH63US, and have had my EVDO stick, thumb drive, and USB mouse all working off it with no external power needed

It's been working great

5. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

If you want more like a docking station, consider a 24" LED ACD. It has a 3-port USB hub built in. It also powers your MBA. Allows you to leave all of your wireless peripherals and USB devices at your desk. You can even leave your MBA's charger in your laptop bag. Just a thought... I love mine.

If you are really just interested in a USB hub, I would recommend any powered USB hub. Powered is the key when it comes to USB hubs. That should ensure any USB device you hook up will work.

Good luck.

6. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

7. still in school macrumors 6502

wow, some of those are very PORTABLE! i like em, but i've been trying to find the smallest available with a built in ethernet. Anyone know of one?

8. Maks macrumors member

9. jk111 macrumors regular

10. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I used the Kensington domehub for over a year. It was really great. It's weighted so it doesn't move around on your desk when you plug / unplug items. Now that my new Dell monitor has an integrated hub, though, my hub is on eBay :D.

Some of the Belkin hubs look nice too.

When you're searching for a hub, try and figure out what kind you want - one that is good for travel or one that is good for desktop use. The one i'm recommending is great for docking station type use. But don't get it for travel. If you're looking for a small hub, grab a 4 port hub that hangs off of a cable on eBay for really cheap.

11. mshaf macrumors member

I use macally dothub. It can be used with or without power. It also keeps with apple form factor. It's sharp!