usb hub - macessity slimkey

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dublove, Oct 18, 2013.

1. dublove macrumors newbie

As I wait for my iMac to arrive, I search for a usb hub to go with it - definitely going to need one.

Not digging a lot of the available hubs unfortunately. Lots of great looking devices but ruined with having the cable coming out the sides and stuff like that!

I came across the Macessity Slimkey v2 which looks great especially with the updated usb3 hub. Has anyone here used one of these?

Where can I get it in the UK?

thanks, Jay

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

I have the Macessity slimkey stand. It works fine. I have the older usb 2.0 model, but that's not important since I use it with an iMac 24" from 2008 There's just enough room for an Apple keyboard under it.

Their site doesn't show any seller in the U.K. Maybe you could get Amazon to ship you one.

3. dublove thread starter macrumors newbie

sounds good.

I can buy it direct from Macessity. $79 + $155 UPS shipping so $235 + 20% on that when it gets to UK customs LOL.

I could get my own custom made for that folded from solid 5mm aluminium, glass bead blasted to match the iMac, and attach my own usb3 hub.

In fact as I type this I've decided to CAD something up and get something priced up a cnc folding/punching firm. If anyone is interested, keep an eye on the thread...

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

$155 shipping? good lord.. might be easier to make your own if you can connect with someone as you describe.

5. phphoto macrumors member

I would be interested in one too. Keep me posted.
    Thanks
    Peter