USB Hub To Thunderbolt Adaptor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GuitarG20, Aug 12, 2011.

1. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

Hi all- I am looking to get some kind of USB hub to use when I go off to school. I am going to be using a bunch of USB devices with my MBP and I don't want to have to plug all of them in individually. Does anyone know of any USB hub to thunderbolt devices? Otherwise I'll probably just use the USB hub I think we have from an older computer.

2. res1233 macrumors 65816

res1233

There will probably be one in not too long, but currently there isn't one. The only hub that exists is the one built into the Thunderbolt Cinema Display from Apple, but obviously that's overkill if all you want is the hub. :p

3. GuitarG20 thread starter macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

I was thinking about the thunderbolt display because I also liked the idea of not having to pull out my power brick every time I walk in my dorm room, but... it's way out of my budget.

4. res1233 macrumors 65816

res1233

Yah, it is a bit pricey, although it's interesting to note that it's at the same price the old Mini-DisplayPort display was at, while at the same time having all these extra features. A good buy for those who can afford it. I'd just go ahead and use the USB hub you have already, assuming it's a USB 2.0 hub. There wouldn't really be much advantage to a Thunderbolt hub, unless a USB 3.0 to TB hub were to be released.

5. GuitarG20 thread starter macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

well, neither my printer nor my external drives are USB 3.0 anyways, so that doesn't matter. And yes, the hub is USB 2. xD