USB hubs with more than seven ports

m2uk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
Finland
Does such a beast exist, ideally 10 or 16 ports? Googling reveals not a lot (even after fighting through the damn link spammers, hear you KELKOO!).

In an ideal world it would be usb2, functional and not "arty farty" like the ropey Belkin stuff that I seem to get landed with my by local dealer as "the only thing available".

Failing that, any stackable/chainable 7 porters that look like switches and not moulded telephones, dogs backs or similar.

tIA !

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
the only thing i know is liking multiple hubs together. what all do you have to hook up, any way you can make anything internal? like a larger internal drive rather than 4 external drives? or something like that. just curious.

m2uk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
Finland
Thanks.

I have thingsl ike UPS monitor, mouse/kb, phone chargers, 2 x label printers, camera etc plugged in and yet it is full !

The CTG (26828) seems to be only available in the U.S.

And unplugging things is not a practical option sadly.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
m2uk said:
In an ideal world it would be usb2, functional and not "arty farty" like the ropey Belkin stuff that I seem to get landed with my by local dealer as "the only thing available".
I've got some of the early Belkin stuff with the 4 modules plugged into the one enclosure and it doesn't work all that well. Supposedly, they all draw power from the adapter but in practice many things come up with error messages about a lack of power. I wonder if the USB 2.0 equipment is any better.