USB iPhone - Macbook Pro Connector - iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NY.Entrepreneur, Aug 5, 2012.

1. NY.Entrepreneur macrumors newbie

Hi

Is there a difference in the USB connectors that are used to connect an iPhone to a Macbook Pro?

I recently bought a few of the inexpensive connectors online and I'm sporadically receiving the yellow exclamation mark error screen on my iPhone and sometimes won't connect at all with iTunes.

I'm trying to figure out if this is the cheap connectors I purchased or could there be a problem with either my iPhone or my Maccbook Pro. Both are under a year old.

If there is a difference, what are the best connectors to purchase?

Thanks

2. Cyrup macrumors newbie

Not quite sure....

However, I do know there definitely is a diffference between the connectors.

iPhone/iPod etc all have smaller connectors, seeing as the transfer that they are used for (Syncing, charging) is generally smaller considering the devices do not need as much power.

However in terms of a MacBook, or any laptop really, they're different.
    Because they also run on BATTERY life they need to be charged/discharged, and they need a LOT more power compared to that of say an iPhone. Basically because laptops are larger and built for different purposes, they need a larger charger or whatever.

Thus, for a MacBook as far as I know they generally have a need for a particular charger (only owned a desktop, never laptop so don't take my word for it), like the ones that have the actually charging thingo... Like the box thing that channels the volts into power or whatever, don't know the process.

Anyway.
    In a nutshell: One is for "connecting" (iPhone iPod)
    One is for charging (Macbook laptop)

Sorry, I don't really know what i'm talking about...
    Either way hope it helped. x3
    Edit:
    Generally when I sAid connector, I meant USB connector