Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Utamaru

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Good day all. Her's the story. Took my iPod 30gb classic. Erased all on it and putted a snow leopard image on it, using disk utility, for installing purposes from usb. And when i done all that gone to the boot screen, and strange symptoms accured. Some times it just sits on the gray screen and dose not show anything, sometimes it gets to the boot screen and when i choose the install ubs it hangs there for a some time and starts booting leopard. When i try to boot from ubs using the rEFIt it says boot.efi error. But when i do all thous steps on my Pre Unibody Macbook Pro everything is ok, boots ok goes to install screen and so on. So my question is, are my ubs ports on the Unibody MacBook broken/faulty, should i go and complain to the store? Any suggestions, any help would be great and appreciated :D

13bolducj1

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2009
Good day all. Her's the story. Took my iPod 30gb classic. Erased all on it and putted a snow leopard image on it, using disk utility, for installing purposes from usb. And when i done all that gone to the boot screen, and strange symptoms accured. Some times it just sits on the gray screen and dose not show anything, sometimes it gets to the boot screen and when i choose the install ubs it hangs there for a some time and starts booting leopard. When i try to boot from ubs using the rEFIt it says boot.efi error. But when i do all thous steps on my Pre Unibody Macbook Pro everything is ok, boots ok goes to install screen and so on. So my question is, are my ubs ports on the Unibody MacBook broken/faulty, should i go and complain to the store? Any suggestions, any help would be great and appreciated :D

Thats really strange... I dont know alot to help you... Sorry :( But i'm sure someone will turn up and help you! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.