USB Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kave, Oct 13, 2015.

1. kave macrumors regular

On my 15" MacBook Pro (mid 2014) I very often have problems with getting Apple USB keyboards to be recognised. Sometimes disconnecting and connecting to another port works, but often a completet reboot is required. It is independent if the keyboard is connecting using a 27" Cinema Display or directly connected.

I see the same on new 13" Retinas as well.
    Any one else with the same experience?

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

are you speaking about just one keyboard ? Maybe it's the keyboard itself to be defective.
    I don't have a wired keyboard since a while ...

3. SimeoneSergio macrumors regular

Greetings,

i'm experiencing problems on the USB ports as well, since at least a couple of updates to the OS (currently having 10.11.2, Late 2014 rMBP 15").

In details (listing devices that are giving me problems):

Wacom Intuos Pro M tablet: when i plugin the the wire it works, although when i switch to the wireless module it starts disconnecting it after 30/45 secs for like half an hour. Then it starts working properly again for let's say 3-4 hours.

It is not something related to the wireless battery, as it happens even with 80% or more, and i've already tried all the tricks listed on wacom forums (f.e. the energy saving timeout set to 20 minutes instead of the default 2) but nothing.

Razer Naga Epic Chroma mouse: it simply stops working for 1-2 secs, like it's not updating the position, like a blackout on the whole port. This doesn't happen with a Logitech G9.

Any ideas/updates/hacks?

4. SimeoneSergio macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply.
    It is indeed the most useful one i've read on this forum.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Would love to hear more before i bring it to Apple... Wouldn't be the best time of the year considering the amount of work i have to do

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sounds like a keyboard is the issue, i.e., if different computers are having trouble with the one keyboard, odds are its the keyboard. Just buy a new one and see if that's the issue.

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

What do you want us to say??

It could be the USB on your mac (get apple or a technician to check that out).
    It could be software related (have you upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.2 this has a wide variety of this type of bug fix).
    It could be the keyboard itself, if it struggles on more than one computer then that is most likely.

You could just buy a bluetooth keyboard and relieve all these issues quickly and with a minimum of fuss.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's what I was thinking, especially since the OP has some time sensitive work that needs to be completed.