USB iSub modification for Intel Macs?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by monkeymissile, Sep 23, 2010.

1. monkeymissile macrumors newbie

Hi Folks,
    I've done a lot of research about the older USB iSub (which I have) not working with Snow Leopard and Intel Macs (which I also have). I tried the iMic work-around, but it did not work for me. Any tips? Maybe I'm missing a step...
    So anyway, the newer iSub as paired with the HK Soundsticks works fine w/Intel Macs since it uses the industry standard 3.5mm mini-jack.
    I was wondering if anyone has considered converting the guts of the older USB iSub to use the 3.5mm mini-jack instead?
    I have a crappy speaker/subwoofer combo that uses the 3.5mm mini-jack where the subwoofer volume is controlled at one of the speakers. It looks pretty easy to pull the guts from the crappy subwoofer and see if it will drive the iSub. A bit of a kludge I admit, but it's possible w/o permanent damage to the iSub.
    Can anyone tell me or post a pic of how all the wires connect between computer/iSub/satellite speakers on the newer HK Soundsticks?

Thanks,
    Justin

2. AC705 macrumors newbie

We just got a new iMac to replace our eMac. Now the iSub doesn't work. How can we get Apple to support this USB speaker?