USB Joystick calibration

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sentros, May 18, 2010.

1. sentros macrumors member

Hello dear mac users!

I'm studying computer science (embedded stuff specifically) and I recently made a HID compliant USB joystick, that uses pretty generic descriptors. It consists of two accelerometors, a programmable system on a chip and an rf transmitter and reciever. It's basically a wireless joystick that responds when you tilt it.

Now my problem is that on Windows side it works perfectly, but on OS X side I don't even know where to begin calibrating etc it. I want to be able to demonstrate it by playing neverball. It acts all funny on OS X side. Like it's super sensitive and the axis are all inverted and since there is not a similar calibration tool on OS X side I dunno what to do at this point.

I am a fairly bright guy, so if someone would just point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it a bunch!

2. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

A utility that has been around for years on the Mac called USB Overdrive should solve most if not all of your needs. It allows massive customization of pretty much any USB device.

Please note that it is $20 shareware. I used it a few years ago when I had a need for it and it worked well.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/7115/usb-overdrive-x

3. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Apple needs to build in a USB Joystick and wireless Joystick config system panel. :D