USB Key-Music-Car

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by theironist08, May 19, 2009.

1. theironist08 macrumors regular

I realized that I have a USB connection in my car radio. So I put some music on my 4gig usb, I use for college. This played fine. I then wiped it all, and then put different songs on it. The new songs go on, but the old songs stayed? And theyre all messed up and sound like a scratched cd, they seem to mix up the tracks and change numbers?

What is going on?
    How do I wipe it properly!?

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Did you empty your trash when you deleted the old music?

When pulled out the USB key, did you eject if from the Finder first?

3. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a duff usb key if they are corrupted as you`ve described. I`d say try formatting the stick (Fat format), put some new songs on it and see what you get. If it still doesn`t sound right i`d try another stick.

4. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

yep emptied trash, and ejected it properly. It's more so that the music files sound so messed up.

Another question. When I click, drag and drop from itunes, theyre mp4 files, is this because of the artwork? Is there anyway to convert all the files, once on my usb, to mp3 in one go?

5. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

How do I do this?

6. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

7. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

OK so, I just wiped the whole thing clean, then put a few tracks on. All mp3 files. Then inserted into radio. Radio now says "No Files"!? When I insert it back into macbook, and open it up, all the files are there!?

8. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

Someone please help! Now I can't put any files on my USB! It appears as if theyre on but then when I insert it into the radio it says "no files":apple:

9. GregE macrumors 6502

You might check teh manual on your radio and see if it tells you how to do it. Maybe they need to go in a specific folder.