USB/Memory Card Won't Mount!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PK!, Feb 11, 2010.

1. PK! macrumors newbie

I hope this is the right forum to post this in (feel free to relocate), but I have a quick question that I hope can get a quick answer!
    This morning, I had to print off some pictures from my digital camera for my art class, so I stuck my memory card (1 GB) into the slot, and it worked just fine. The other day, I plugged my LG Lotus into my MBP via USB and it also worked normally. Tonight, I tried to connect my phone once again, and it didn't mount. So, I tried the memory card in an adapter and it didn't mount either!
    Can anyone offer a solution? My MBP isn't old at all (got it at the end of November '09)!

2. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

Does Disk Utility see the devices? Did you try unplugging and re-plugging the devices in?

3. PK! thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried inserting/removing for the umpteenth time, and the memory card worked. But my phone still isn't! Disk Utility isn't showing that it is connected, but my phone lights up and says "USB Cable Connected" every time I reinsert it.

Edit: And I've tried both ports multiple times!

4. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

You could try re-starting the computer and/or the phone. That usually fixes things like this. Also, you could run a permissions repair whilst you're in disk utility; it never hurts.