Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alisa87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2018
I have a microphone which is new and once it’s plugged in the Macbook pro late 2011 recognize the usb.
I got all the settings right but still no sound gets send in.

Can someone help me please!

Alisa87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2018
Microphone is from T.Bone USB 1X usb - xlr
I tested it in apple settings, garageband and logic pro. No where gets the sound in.
I think i’m missing a driver cause other usb with documents on it do work well.

Alisa87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2018
Yes its xlr to usb and other mics do work. Its just this mic that doesnt wanne work.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
All the settings right... You mean like selecting the input to be the USB mic in system preferences/sound/input?
[doublepost=1534256560][/doublepost]
So that's an XLR to USB? What mic is connected? Have you tried a different mic?

If you have a usb to xlr adapter and other mics work then the drivers seem to be correct. Does the mic that does not work possibly require phantom power?

Reactions: BrianBaughn

Alisa87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2018
All the settings right... You mean like selecting the input to be the USB mic in system preferences/sound/input?
[doublepost=1534256560][/doublepost]

If you have a usb to xlr adapter and other mics work then the drivers seem to be correct. Does the mic that does not work possibly require phantom power?

Yes thats what i meant with settings right.

The Manufactury said it should work directly but i am convinced im missing something too.

Im going to email them and ask if i need a phantom power.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Commonly, there are three types of mics sold. Here are the relevant details.

• Dynamic. Requires no extra power to work.
  • Condenser with onboard battery. Requires power so the battery or batteries must have a charge.
  • Condenser. Requires 48v phantom power. The power has to be provided from a connected device such as preamp, mixer or digital interface.
There may be specially designed USB condenser mics that require less power but get it via the USB port. I don't know! Definitely not what you have.

The USB connected Thomann device does NOT provide phantom power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.