USB Mobile Broadband Stick crashes

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rSweden, Aug 18, 2013.

1. rSweden, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013

rSweden macrumors newbie

(not sure this post should be in HW or SW forum)

Freaking annoying problem with my mid 2011 iMac 27" and my ZTE Mobile Broadband USB stick.

1. Each time I connect and then plug in ANY kind of other USB peripheral the connection crash, either just shut down or the whole ****** connection program crash.

2. After installing Movescount Link for my new Suunto GPS watch whenever that service is running it's impossible to connect. And should I manage to connect to internet the application crashes within a few seconds.

A lot of posts on internet about these problems with other USB Broadband dongles as well but what I want to know is if this is a crappy USB implementations from Apples side or what? The problem has been present from OSX 10.5 and onwards. I'm currently running Lion.

And yeah, I've tried all the usual things like uninstalling/installing the connection manager software, plug/unplugged the stick etc etc. Nothing works =(

2. aniruth macrumors newbie

I have a feeling this may be a driver error, but I dont know.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Those damned dongles are notoriously bad for this kind of thing. First thing I'd do is ask for a replacement...I doubt if it will cure the problem, but contact the provider and explain the situation...They may have updates etc that will help.

I don't thing that your Mac is at fault here.