Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masiq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
I just installed a fresh Lion from the AppStore but then I noticed my ZTE USB Modem is detected as USB but not Modem. so I can not make a connection to the internet. :(

do you guys know how to fix this?

any helps are appreciated

thanks
:)

Last edited:

masiq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
Which model?

this model:

ZTE AC2726

modem-cdma-evdo-smart-zte-ac-2726.jpg

andrastudio

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Sorry for hijacking the thread, I also have the same problem with my USB modem ZTE AC682 after I installed Lion.

ac682.jpg

I can't seem to find Lion compatible driver for this modem even in ZTE website.

FilX

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
same problem but...

i have the same problem but with the ZTE MF637....:(

avv2011

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
hello

Hello peoplo please can you help me i have a ZTE MF100 and my mac have lion 10.7 and no reconize to internet

avv2011

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
helpp

Which model?

Man I have Lion 10.7 from the AppStore but then I noticed my ZTE MF100 USB Modem is detected as USB but not Modem but I cant make a connection to the internet.

do you´know how to fix this?

help me please

thanks

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
Does Apple's USB modem work? I've got one...haven't used it in a while, but I was hoping they retain support...

Jerome Morrow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2011
United Kingdom

avv2011

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
mf100

For ZTE MF637 and most likely other 6xx modems

Try this: http://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity/40_software/software/p_mac_osx_lion_vmb_preview.jsp

I know it's a lot of crap to install, but if it works you can keep the kexts and use the remover tool to get rid of Vodafone crap. Sorry i don't have time to test any of this or to extrac the kexts.

The driver should be 64 bit. Use at your own risk.

Man and for the ZTE MF100 do yuo have something thaht cna work with osx 10.7 lion

thanks

Jerome Morrow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Man and for the ZTE MF100 do yuo have something thaht cna work with osx 10.7 lion

thanks

Have you tried installing Snow Leopard compatible drivers and booting Lion in 32 bit kernel mode? Should work for now. If 64 bit kernel is not mission critical you can boot 32 bit kernel and use your modem just fine (i think).

Also before that you could try this: http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=379149

Also you can try installing same vodafone package for MF637. There is just one driver and it should support all modems.

meetneo

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2011
finally a solution!

hey ppl,

i was facing lot of problem with ZTE modem and reliance netconnect+ connection on my mac os lion 10.7.2.

the macbook used to shut down every 5 minutes.

after searching for hours on the net i found a solution to it as mentioned on the blog of this person

download the generic ZTE driver mentioned on it and it works with all version of mac OS. http://www.techprone.com/reliance-netconnect-broadband-tata-photon-zte-mac-osx/6317

posting this so that many other can benefit from the blog.

i almost gave up on the netconnect+ modem..but this solution does work. !! so relieved !!

cheers.

aduh

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
Can anyone help me where to get driver and how to install PROLINK PHS 100 in OS X 10.7

Thank you

Zaleosmarley

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
USB Huawei E173 not recognized by Mountain Lion 10.8

Can anyone help me, I have a Huawei E173 USB to my MacBook Pro does not recognize the new Mountain Lion 10.8. Nor do they light the light, or is mounted on the desktop.

I searched online but have not found anything, you could help me, thank you very much.

cnm51

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
zte modem compatibility with OSX 10.8

I just upgraded the operating system on my MacBook Air to Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.1 from Lion OSX. The ZTE Data modem model AC2737 does not work now. Can some one help? Otherwise can I go back to the earlier Lion operating system?

Be inspired

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
Greece
Hello, go to w w w .business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity/40_software/software/10_latest/p_software.jsp and download 4.09.01.00 this is what i use and its fully combatible with mountain lion and most of 3g modems.
I just upgraded the operating system on my MacBook Air to Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.1 from Lion OSX. The ZTE Data modem model AC2737 does not work now. Can some one help? Otherwise can I go back to the earlier Lion operating system?

Yacton

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2013
Can anyone help me, I have a Huawei E173 USB to my MacBook Pro does not recognize the new Mountain Lion 10.8. Nor do they light the light, or is mounted on the desktop.

I searched online but have not found anything, you could help me, thank you very much.

My friend, you solved the problem ?
I have the same problem.

Regards

Dawit A.

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2014
USB Modem zte ac 2726 not recognized by snow leopard

My PC can't recognized the zte ac2726 evdo modem. It installs the software and detected by the system but displays device not ready messge. My PC OS is Mac OS X 10.5.8 snow leopard. Any help is highly appreciated. Plssssss

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.