USB Modem Tethering with PDA

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rtalex, Nov 27, 2007.

1. rtalex macrumors member

This is my first mac, i just got my new 2.6 MBP, and I need a bit of help. I use a XV6700 through verizon wireless to tether as a usb modem. Now from what I know there is no drivers for Mac so I can use it as a USB dialup modem. I am wondering if I can use parallels, get connected in windows XP, and then share the internet connection in the Mac OS X Leopard? I have seen some information on different sites, but none really worked and I believe they were done in previous versions of Mac OS. Anyone have any information on how to do this in Leopard?

2. supertramp2k macrumors newbie

go to www.mobile-stream.com They have a product called usb modem. it is a treo product, but they have modem drivers for cdma and gsm on mac osx. I just got this going on my new mbpro with a trep 755p and after some trial and error, it works like a dream.

3. rtalex thread starter macrumors member

I thought that it was not avail. for Leopard yet. Ill go check again. What Trial and Error did you have to do.

* i just got it to work using parallels, after ALOT of trial and error (not knowing anything about Mac OS X doesnt help lol). How ever it sometimes stops transmitting data. Id rather not have to go into parallels.

4. rtalex thread starter macrumors member

5. supertramp2k macrumors newbie

6. rtalex thread starter macrumors member

unfortunately the mobile-stream app will not work for windows mobile pda devices just yet with leopard. I got it to work but i have to have parallels running for now. Speeds are good though since it is through usb.