Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
I just go my C2D MBP last week and it has been great. I installed Windows XP in bootcamp yesterday and everything went fine. But I am having a problem with my usb mouse(microsoft intelimouse explorer), it stops working every so often. I have to keep plugging and unplugging it to work. Any suggestions?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Have you tried going into control panel (perhaps with the trackpad?) and seeing if the mouse is listed as a system device WHEN it's not responding? That might help you figure out where the problem lies. You might also try and see if there's a different / new driver you can use?

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I just go my C2D MBP last week and it has been great. I installed Windows XP in bootcamp yesterday and everything went fine. But I am having a problem with my usb mouse(microsoft intelimouse explorer), it stops working every so often. I have to keep plugging and unplugging it to work. Any suggestions?

Try and use a different usb and see if the fault is with the USB or that particular port? Maybe it's just the mouse, do u have another mouse you can try?

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA
I've noticed that when I'm running Windows in BootCamp, my mouse also stops working every once and awhile, but I've tracked it down to when the Network (wireless) is going bad (i'm not a network guru, so I'm not sure what is going on). When I disable my network card, the mouse goes right back to working all the time. When I reconnect to the network, it will work for 10 minutes, or 3 hours... I hate Windows connected to the internet...

EDIT: My problem is probably different though, it doesn't need to be unplugged and plugged back in.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
I tried the other usb port and it still is happening. I am using a wired internet connection so its not the wireless network. Any more suggestions? This doesnt happen in OSX, just windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.