USB mouse super sluggish on resume

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JamesBerry, Jan 29, 2016.

1. JamesBerry macrumors member

Running a MacBook Pro 13-inch retina late 2013 with El Capitan 10.11.3

I've recently started using an external cabled USB mouse (it's a Microsoft Optical Mouse, for what its worth).
    It works faultlessly most of the time, but sometimes when the Macbook has suspended and comes back the mouse behaves in a very sluggish odd way until I remove it from the USB port and re-insert it.

Other times, it's fine.

Has anyone got any ideas? For what it's worth, the mouse behaves perfectly on my windows machines and other than this, perfectly on the Macbook.

If no other suggestions - is there a way from the command line to disconnect and reconnect the mouse (rescan USB or similar) so I can fix it without reaching round the back of my monitor (which has the USB hub in it) to pull the mouse out?

Best wishes
    James

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I read through that whole post thinking I wonder what the problem could be, then I realised you had it plugged into a hub in your monitor, my advice would be plug the mouse directly into your Mac USB. Using the monitors hub may well have sleep wake issues as some monitors do...

3. JamesBerry thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestion - I will try that (although a pain, as I just plug in all my USB devices at once through my monitor) and see if it makes any difference to eliminate it.

Best wishes
    James

4. JamesBerry thread starter macrumors member

I think this is it. I found a setting in the monitor (a dell) to stop the USB hub from suspending and it hasn't happened since...