USB Overdrive Mac OS 9 issue

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Aika, May 12, 2016.

1. Aika macrumors regular

Aika

The buttons and the scrollwheel work but the mouse pointer will only move along the X axis. The mouse could move along both axes before installing USB Overdrive.

Any ideas?

2. G4fanboy macrumors regular

I happened to me the same with a wireless Logitech mouse. Just choose USB overdrive or single button mouse (even if it is a 3-button wheel one). Try with other brand/generic ones. Curiously a Microsoft wireless one work perfect, but the Logitech didn't.

I have noticed there are some Logitech OS9 drivers in the net.

3. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Can't help the OPs problem as I don't use Overdrive, but I've had good luck with Logitech Mouseware when used in conjunction with a Logitech mouse. We frequently have big boxes of surplus OEM peripherals appear at work, and I've been know to go digging for Logitech OEM mice for that reason. I've found Dell and Gateway branded Logitech mice and all have worked perfectly in OS 9 with full 3-button capability using Mouseware.

4. Aika thread starter macrumors regular

Aika

Cheers guys, I'll try some other mice when I can and see what happens.

5. CooperBox macrumors 6502a

CooperBox

Thanks for this post. 5 mins ago I didn't have a clue what overdrive was (with the exception of a gearbox add-on, on one of my first 70's sports-car)! Now with a brief visit to Macintosh Garden, all has been revealed, and it's a program I can see myself using in the future.
    Cheers!