Resolved USB plug and play issue - Haswell Air [Fixed]

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by AXs, Aug 24, 2013.

1. AXs, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013

AXs macrumors 6502a

AXs

Hey guys.

I'm experiencing a problem with my left usb port. Basically I've been using it for my usb mouse at times, and suddenly today it wasn't working.

I then tried my passport drive which is usually connected to the right side. And while it powered, it wasn't being discovered or mounted.

Same thing with another usb flash drive.

but by BIGGEST concern is that on the left side the usb device isn't going all the way in - just half way about, compared to the right usb port where it goes flush in.

Is this how they were built? Or is it a manufacturing defect? Would really appreciate some help on this.

With only just 2 ports, 1 of them going haywire this early is simply unacceptable.:mad:

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Take it back...That's not the way they were designed....My rMBP's USB ports fit all plugs flush...sounds like it's got bent inside....A genius bar trip should fix you up.

3. AXs thread starter macrumors 6502a

AXs

Yea cheers buddy. I was set to make a trip but just needed re-confirmation first so they can't outsmart me.

4. AXs thread starter macrumors 6502a

AXs

Hey guys, got it resolved. Was pretty much just some collected dirt inside the port (god knows how it got there).
    I used a blow dryer on cool fan to get it out.

Works like normal now.

:D

5. teffers macrumors regular

Glad it was something simple :)

Thanks for the update.