USB port isn't working on Macbook Air 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by juliannenz, Jan 30, 2012.

1. juliannenz macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm just writing this in the hope that someone can help me.

A week ago my computer network was hacked, and we got a tech guy over to help us out, he used a disc on my external disc drive, and since then, it hasn't worked properly. I thought it was a problem with my disc drive but then I tried to plug my iPod in and it didn't work either.

I have shut down my computer and started it up pressing Command + Option + P + R, and nothing happened. I have installed software updates, that didn't work either.

If nothing else works I guess I'll have to take it in to get fixed, but I'm really not looking forward to a week without a laptop.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Sounds like it's a good time to do a OSX reinstall.

3. DaPeeps macrumors newbie

This happened on my Pro last month. I charged my iPhone off one of the USB ports each night, and everything was fine. Then at work one day I tried to plug in a flash drive and it wouldn't work. After testing - I discovered it would provide power - but wouldn't read any data. Took it to the genius bar - they agreed it was hardware and shipped it off to have the logic board replaced. Got it back 3 days later and all is well now :)