USB Ports Not Lining Up With the Top Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ouimetnick, Aug 16, 2010.

1. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

The ports on my MBP 13" don't line up correctly. Comparing it to my om's MBP, it looks like the top case is to blame, and not the logic board. All of the ports that I tested work. (Magsafe, SD card, and USB.) Heres pictures of what I'm talking about. Even though it works fine, what should I do. Should a $1200 computer have this problem? Esp when already paying a premium for dated tech (CPU, Intel Core 2 Duo, small HD) It is hard to show you in the pictres, as the iPhone 3GS took the pictures. Lighting wasn't the best either. The ports were like that when I opened it up in the store. The store was busy, and I asked about it. He said the ports will still work fine, and they do, so even though they are not lined up correctly, they still function. The USB plugs also are fine. they don't run against the aluminum, so its not off lined enough to be an issue... yet.

Attached Files:

2. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

if they work, why does it matter. it doesnt look like its that obvious. if it aint broke...

i dont think it could change later or anything.

3. 184550 Guest

Sorry, I can't see what you're talking about.

As others have said, if they still work, what's the problem? If you noticed this in store why not exchange it then? Them being busy is not an excuse if you care this much about it.

4. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

5. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

This, if it's not a problem, don't worry about it. If it becomes a problem, bring it to the Apple store and get it fixed.

See, was that so hard??