Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasonordeholmes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
Hi all, i have done a search and couldn't find anything similar, im having a problem where if i plug in anything via USB ie a camera or my iPhone Snow leopard doesnt automatically open it or even tell me its connected and nothing appears under devices!

Although if i i load iTunes or iPhoto they come up!!
I want them to show up under devices to!

Please help

Thanks

Jason

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
It just so happens that iPhones are designed deliberately to not show up in the Finder's devices list. A camera, however, should be showing up when connected. Check your Finder preferences - perhaps you have the "CDs, DVDs & iPods" preference set to off or mixed. Check it, if this is the case.

jasonordeholmes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
ive checked my finder preferences and there as you explained and all ticked, annoying thing is that it worked perfectly before i upgraded to Snow Leopard!

dbwie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2007
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Plug in your camera or iPhone. Open the "image capture" application in your application folder. Select the device. From the drop down menu at the bottom left, select what app you want to open when you connect the iPhone or camera.

Edit: In Leopard OS, whenever I plugged in my iPhone, both iTunes and iPhoto launched, which drove me crazy because most of the time all I wanted to do was charge the phone. The default behavior has been changed to "do nothing" in Snow Leopard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.