USB problems

Discussion in 'iMac' started by spondulies, Dec 29, 2011.

1. spondulies, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

spondulies macrumors newbie

Hello can any body help i have just swapped over from pc to new iMac running on Lion so new to mac if i put a USB stick in USB port on mach before i turn the mach on then it will appear as an icon on main screen also it will appear in the finder menu.
    but if i put a USB stick in USB port whilst mach is switched on i carnet find it its not in finder or on screen surly you don't have to shut down and restart to find USB what I'm i doing wrong !:confused:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Make sure you have the USB stick plugged in securely. No, you don't have to restart your Mac for it to read a USB drive. Also try another USB port.

3. chukyx007 macrumors newbie

chukyx007

Hi

The new post for the day, imac-my imac- will NOT READ my usb flash drive, no it will not, running os Tiger. usb ports work fine, running keyboard from.
    Chuky

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

If you're plugging the USB stick into your keyboard, I suggest using one of the USB ports on the computer itself. The USB ports on the keyboard do not put out as much power, and often causes issues with USB devices that aren't mice.

5. chukyx007 macrumors newbie

chukyx007

hi

no it not inserted on the keyboard, it is inserted on the computer port itself, does not read, at all.
    -Chuky

6. chukyx007 macrumors newbie

chukyx007

ok

tried installing xCode 2.5 for imac os x , used usb prober, did not work.