USB shows up in System Profiler but no where else.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hotwater10, Feb 28, 2010.

1. hotwater10 macrumors member

hotwater10

I got a camera, Nikon Coolpix S230, but It wont show up any where exept System Profiler, So I cant get the pictures off it. I am on a Early 08 Macbook on Snow leopard. Any?

PS it dosn't show up in Disk Utility either...

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Did any Nikon software come with the camera?

Maybe you have to use that, or the drivers implemented into the software, to properly gain access to your photos.

Also consider changing your thread title to something like "How do I get the images off my Nikon Coolpix S 230?", as your thread title implies some other or only a part of your problem.

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG]button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.Have you also taken a look at MRoogle,since that question may have been asked several times?

3. hotwater10 thread starter macrumors member

hotwater10

No, It didnt come with software. And Personally I think my thread name is perfect.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What does the manual and Nikon's product and support homepage have to say about transferring images from the camera to your Mac?

And I still disagree about the thread title, as not really alludes to your specific problem, only a part of it.
    Macs have USB ports, so your thread title alludes to a problem with the USB port, while it is a problem with your camera?
    Or have you checked the USB ports for functionality with other USB devices?
    But as this is your thread, do as you like. I don't want to get help.

from the forum rules:Minor Problems3. Thread titles. Use thread titles that indicate the subject of the thread, not generic titles such as "Need help". Moderators may change thread titles that have no specifics, usually by adding something more specific in parentheses.http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Minor_Problems