USB soundcard problems (imic)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by theoruby, May 19, 2011.

1. theoruby macrumors newbie

Hey all!

I'm a little stuck... basically I'd like to have my pc speakers and new headphones connected at the same time so i dont have to keep messing around with wires and risk damaging them etc.
    Only solution Ive found is to use a usb soundcard and connect one of them via usb and then switch between the two using 'soundsource' Seemed easy enough but the output sound from the "imic' soundcard is flat and lacks any detail.

Can anyone suggest a better (cheapish) alternative or could the imic be a fake? used this link -->
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Griffin-GC1...V2IC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305816192&sr=8-1

Also if anyones looking for decent computer headphones the 'Audio-Technica ATH M50' are easily the best ive found for under £200, even better than the bose quietcomfort ones after hours of testing.

Thanks for your help :)

2. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Why didn't you just get a 3.5mm splitter so you could have both your headphones and your speakers hooked up at the same time? It would be a far easier, cheaper, and better sounding alternative than using a USB soundcard.