USB Speakers

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Any recommendations for USB speakers? I have a free port open on the hub and would really like to eliminate some cable clutter (my Usb hub is down behind the desk).

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
7on said:
Any recommendations for USB speakers? I have a free port open on the hub and would really like to eliminate some cable clutter (my Usb hub is down behind the desk).
These would work well with your MacBook. I've got them and they sound very good. No cable clutter either :)

MikeNemat

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2006
7on said:
Make sure that USB hub is powered (has it's own power supply from an AC adapter). A passive (bus powered) hub will not work with ANY bus-powered USB speakers like the logitechs linked to by the previous poster and many other USB speaker solutions.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
MikeNemat said:
...A passive (bus powered) hub will not work with ANY bus-powered USB speakers like the logitechs linked to by the previous poster and many other USB speaker solutions.
Thanks for bringing that up Mike. Didn't realize that :eek: