USB Stall and other things on the bus.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ColdCase, Feb 24, 2008.

1. ColdCase macrumors 68030

Before calling Apple support and waiting on hold for an hour I thought I'd stop by here first. It may be something simple I overlooked.

When I copy a folder with about 100MB of data from a USB flash drive to the internal hard disk, at about 75MB the copy stalls with the system log below. I've been noticing some stalling syncing my nano and itunes and with one Epson printer on larger print jobs. I also noticed FCP doesn't want to capture video from my FW deck unless all other FW devices are detached. Airport does stall now and again.

Restarting has no effect, but sometimes disconnecting the keyboard will release the copy window, but not always. Don't know if this bus thing is a 10.5.2 problem or a hardware issue, the machine is a week old and that's all thats run on it.

Feb 24 12:57:52 sams-mac-pro mdworker[134]: (Fatal) Import: Using too much memory (130 MB), hit critical threshold importing /Applications/Adobe GoLive CS/Adobe GoLive SDK 7.0r1, exiting to clean up.
    Feb 24 12:57:52 sams-mac-pro com.apple.launchd[1] (0x10a930.mdworker[134]): Exited with exit code: 1
    Feb 24 12:58:25 sams-mac-pro kernel[0]: USBF: 198.413 AppleUSBEHCI[0x9b8a800]::Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 0xfd, timing out! (Addr: 6, EP: 1)

2. ColdCase thread starter macrumors 68030

As an update, I found that when I turn my HP photo C3180 off and disconnect the aluminum keyboard (use a spare white one instead), everyone is much happier.... This printer has been a workhorse for over a year on the old G4 with 10.3.9.