USB-Stick is shown twice at the Desktop

Discussion in 'macOS' started by whiteangel777, Sep 14, 2007.

1. whiteangel777 macrumors member

whiteangel777

Hello,

my mac os x 10.4.9 shows a special usb-stick (64MB) twice at the desktop. Other Sticks are normal. connecting that stick on a usb-hub it`s the same effect. connecting this stick to on another mac (same osx vers.) it`s total normal.

plz hlp. thx.

whity

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Without specifying which brand and model USB Flash drive you are using, we can only guess about your "problem." However, you should be aware that many such drives today have that God-awful U3 partition. It shows up as a second drive on many computers. Older Flash drives don't have this "feature."

3. whiteangel777 thread starter macrumors member

whiteangel777

hm... i have to correct myself. on a different mac it has the same effect. the disk-utillity-program show that stick as :"USB NAND FLASH DISK Media". actually it has to be an old USB-Stick. just 64MB available.
    maybe this occur, because it`s almost broken? because in the past it wasn`t shown twice. at a winXP system this stick acts normal.

but maybe it`s something we shouldn`t think about. buying a new stick is easyer and cheaper. and we can enjoy our weekend and beer... ;)

4. rossgumbrell macrumors regular

yeah, this is pretty normal for some of the older sticks.

windows wont show the 2nd drive, only mac. Also, if you delete all the stuff in there, sometimes it will still be full up untill you format it. kinda annoying.

try formatting it to OS X Journalled.

5. whiteangel777 thread starter macrumors member

whiteangel777

r u sure? i mean, that stick hadn`t that problems/behavior before. and both shown sticks have the same contens. it`s like an echo on that usb-bus.

i`ll try that formating in OS X Journalled format and tell u how it ends... because after that i won`t do anything and will buy a new one...

thx anyway.

6. whiteangel777 thread starter macrumors member

whiteangel777

ok, it dindn`t worked. anyways, 10€ for a gig... that`s easier... i don`t need to know everything... ;)

thanks guy.