USB Super Drive Alternative

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by filmboy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. filmboy macrumors newbie

Can anyone suggest a more robust alternative to the Apple USB super drive? It's been getting terrible reviews.

Thanks.

2. firedept, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013

firedept macrumors 603

firedept

There are many good alternatives to the Apple SuperDrive on Amazon and Ebay that work well. Samsung and Asus make some good ones. Just do a quick search of either site.

I have read some of the reviews and they are almost laughable on the Apple SuperDrive. Some are actually just plain outright dumb. I have owned a superdrive since they have first come out and have not had a single problem with it. It has been a real pleasure to use and fits well with the aesthetics of my Apple devices.

Do not believe everything you read, including what I posted if you want. But the superdrive does work great. I also have a Asus drive that was a little cheaper that works just as well and it received very similar reviews to the Apple drive. Go figure!

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

Few people post when a product works well. SO reviews are always biased.

But the better drives are the "full size" kind with drawers that are not bus powered. Plextor has always been one of the better brands.

4. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement