USB wifi dongle/Airport Express Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dukebound85, Dec 14, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

So I am trying to find a wifi usb dongle for my desktop that does not have built in wireless.

So first question, does any know of any mac compatible usb wifi dongles?

If not, my other question is this. Will the airport express be able to pick up the wifi signal and enable my desktop to access the network/internet? I imagine all that would be needed would be to connect my dektop to it via ethernet and then id be able to receive the wireless signal. However, this is a somewhat pricey solution if i can just find a mac compatible usb wifi dongle lol

2. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

anyone at all? right now im using my mb as a very expensive router lol

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

surely there is a usb wifi dongle compatible with osx:confused:

cant seem to find any that are

4. dylanbrown macrumors 6502

There sure is! I really like NETGEAR's adapters, and currently have a "G" one lying about.

Not all of Netgears USB Wi-Fi adapters are Mac compatible, but here is one model which I have found that is:

For a "G" USB Wi-Fi adapter you can use the WG111 v2. The WG111 v2 is the one I have lying around at home, and is the only one in the WG111 range that works with Mac. You can find the downloads for this product here

Netgear also have the "N" range, which all start with WN111, but I can't seem to find one that works with the Mac.

So the only one I have found that works with the Mac from Netgear is the WG111 v2. You can visit Netgears USB adapter range here.

I hope this helps.