Usb win't recognize Ipod and itunes won't either!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Runner038, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Runner038 macrumors member

Runner038

When i plug my ipod in the device is not recognized at all. Itunes won't recognize it. I need to know the problem so i can get my Ipod touch working by restoring it! Any help?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

So, you're connecting your iPod (which one btw, and what generation) to your Mac via the USB cable that was in the iPod package, and iTunes (which version) doesn't recognize it, not even in the iTunes preferences? Or do you use the Universal Dock?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What Mac are you using, and what OS do you have?

[​IMG]

Maybe an SMC reset could help: http://www.google.com/search?client...+here+eg.:+iMac+or+MacBook"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    Or repairing permissions via Disk Utility, or even resetting the PRAM: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....:+iMac+or+MacBook"&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

3. Runner038 thread starter macrumors member

Runner038

I have a 2g ipod touch and i'm using Windows xp and i think i have itunes 8.1.1

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Sorry, should have seen that you have an iPod Touch, as it is in the Touch forum.
    As to how to handle that iPod in Windows, I don't really know.

Have you looked into the Preferences and seen if it is listed as device?

And how does the iPod behave, when it is connected?
    Does it show, that it's connected or is the display as normal, as it would be, when it is not hooked up to your computer?

Have you looked into resetting the iPod or similar problems via MRoogle?

5. Runner038 thread starter macrumors member

Runner038

My Ipod touch is not turning on so i wanted to get it recognized by my computer and itunes so i can restore it. Preferences only have it as a previous backup from earlier today. It stopped working today for i don't know what reason.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you remember, if the battery was almost empty, or did it just stopped working or didn't turn, even though enough power was left?

And nothing is displayed on the iPod Touch's screen when connected to your PC?

7. Runner038 thread starter macrumors member

Runner038

About 3/4 battery was left and nothing is showing

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you have the possibility to bring it into an Apple store or an Apple authorized reseller/repairshop?

I don't know of any other way, except that you could try the steps explained here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1394

9. Runner038 thread starter macrumors member

Runner038