USB Wont mount on Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soduno, Jun 26, 2015.

1. soduno macrumors newbie

All right. For some months ago I bought a new usb flash stick (16gig) and it worked flawelessly on my Windows PC. Now i am trying to use it on my mac, but Snow does not seems do mount the stick. I have tried to view all the disks using "diskutil listdsk" but it does not show up. It is a Nashua - I admit, not the most expensive stick, but at least i expect it to work on my mac to.

Have seen on the net some other users is facing same issue and I tried like: Make shure that "show external drives" is checked in finder preferences and that it is formated as fat32, ntfs or exFat. Any of those storage formats does not make it work.

Other drives works just well, so off course it's only a problem with this flash stick.
    But isn't that strange, when it works perfectly on my windows machine?

Any suggestions to a fix?
    Best, Simon
    (Macbook Pro 2009 running Snow Leopard)

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Are you plugging that stick directly to your a USB port on your MBPro, and not an external USB hub, for example?
    It's unusual, but if that's the only stick that doesn't work on your Mac, and if it is NOT visible in your Disk Utility, then there's not much you can do, other than use a different stick.

3. soduno thread starter macrumors newbie

I am Pluggin it in directly, not through hub... o_O

4. soduno thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually - Just for info - I can feel on the device/usb stick that it's being warm (normal warm), so something must be running some how...

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

No, warm just means that the stick is getting power.
    "Warm" doesn't mean that you can use it, or that the stick is usable.
    Does it show up as a device in your Disk Utility?
    If it does NOT show up in Disk Utility, then I suspect that the stick has a firmware problem of some kind. Again, there's nothing you can do about that to make it work on the Mac.
    If it IS visible in Disk Utility, you can try erasing it, or making a new partition (not the same process)

6. soduno thread starter macrumors newbie

It did not show up in disk utility, not anywhere. I decited to call it dead. I bought a Sandisk usb and that worked perfectly well. Thanks for your response anyway :)