Usb

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fishgut11, Mar 23, 2008.

1. fishgut11 macrumors newbie

ok this may seem weird, and i dont know if i should put this in here becuase it deals with my blackbook, and also my ipod, well anyways, when i plug any ipod into my blackbook a warning comes up that says it is plugged into a 1.1 usb, but i know macbooks are 2.0, anybody else finding this problem?? it is just really weird if u ask me

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

3. fishgut11 thread starter macrumors newbie

on the both of them, the blackbook was bought late 2007

4. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Try restarting your computer, that should help.

5. fishgut11 thread starter macrumors newbie

naa that doesnt do anything because i have done it many times of a period of time, idk if somehow they messed something up putting my computer together..lol

6. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Have you tried restarting your iPod? You can't restore it if you can't connect but just try this.

7. fishgut11 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i already did that, and it isnt just on my ipod, i have tryed a few friends ipods and the same warning comes up

8. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Do you have a second computer or a friends computer with USB 2.0 you could connect your iPod to so you can perform a software restore? (Last thing I can think of!!!) :(

9. fishgut11 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have already done a ipod restore, do u think it could b something wrong with my computer..maybe wrong hardware by mistake or something, because i have never had that warning show up on any other computers

10. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Yeah that doesn't seem right, I would call apple or go to an apple store, you're still under warranty

11. fishgut11 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea im on hold with apple right now, they say they have never heard of anything like this. this is just my luck

12. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

Never heard anything my butt. I end up at the Apple store/Genius bar a lot. (I mess with my mac too much.) And I hear NUMEROUS times a day, people with that issue. They have no clue how to fix it. I personally believe that it's a problem with the USB cables that Apple ships, as I got a retractable one from a third party, and it hasn't said that since.

13. fishgut11 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea well there shipping me a box tomarrow and i gotta send them my laptop, gonna b a very sad day:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

14. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Is it an older iPod? And have you tried updating iTunes?
    Also, post a picture of your USB info by going to to the Apple Logo in the top left corner of your desktop, then go to "About This Mac" -> "More Info... ->Scroll down to USB.

After you get to that page, hit command + shift + 3 on your macbook to take a screen shot.
    Post a picture of w/e it is. IF it's actually showing USB 1.1, there's an issue there! *lol*
    If not, it's probably an issue with your iPod. I know people have had issues with older iPods and old software with newer versions of iTunes.

I seriously doubt that USB 2.0 wasn't included on your Logic Board. They abandoned USB 1.1 ages ago.