USB3 storage devices for the 12" MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by barefeats, Apr 15, 2015.

1. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

I ordered the USB adapter for the 12" Retina MacBook. So far I've used it with various USB3 flash drives, Elgato Thunderbolt+ Drive, FirmTek diLite, and Areca 6 bay RAID box (ARC-5028T2).

The Areca (with both TB2 and USB3 ports) was ideal for cloning a MacBook Air using its Thunderbolt port and then connecting it to the MacBook's USB-C port to complete the migration.

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

forget the adapter just get a new cord for your external hardrive that way you don't need to cords just one I purchased a USB-C to micro Usb 10 pin online and will just dump the old cord and use the new one for direct connect

3. Four by Six macrumors newbie

Where did you purchase the USB-C to Micro-B cable? Everywhere I looked, it says "coming soon". Thanks!

4. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

right can you post a link. just checked belkin website, the usb-c to micro b is still 'coming soon'

5. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

I got the USB-C to USB adapter for $12 on the Google Play store. Very happy with it!

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

That is USB C to USB 3…don't know why says micro USB. And why are there 2 auctions from the same seller with $4 difference.