All iPads use an iPad without a case?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dljor, Nov 15, 2013.

1. dljor macrumors regular

any one use his iPad Air without a case?

is it easy to scratch?

just don't want to put a heavy case on something that is so light and slim.

2. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I bought a Clear Kensington Corner Case, but sent it back. It makes the beautiful air seem like my iPad 4.

I am going caseless. Never had one on my ipad 4, and the only thing that scratched it was the smart cover ironically.

The silver finish on the ipads has traditionally been pretty resiliant for me. YMMV

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Then get a skin from BeskSkinsEver.com to apply to the back.

Did that on my ipad3 and no scratches at all.

4. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I never owned a case with any of my iPads just smart covers and never encountered any scratching. I don't use cases on my phones either so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I use my mini w/o a case, just a screen protector. Previous one (bought Day One last year) looked brand new when I packed it up yesterday. It's pretty durable as long as you are not a slob and toss it around like a football. But if you travel I would get a carrying case for it. You can get the great Case Logic LNEO10 for $14. Amazon sells it I know.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

So far, no case for the air. Actually use the old case from IPAD 1 when shoving into a travel bag.

And, we slip it into the oversize case, then hang off the folded up airline tray table to watch movies.

7. double329 macrumors 6502

I use one of those xtremeguard on front and back. No case. The iPad is too beautiful to hide in the case.

8. Hoyasaxa macrumors member

I did this on my ipad 2. Did the trick since I knew i was protected from day-to-day scuffs and the like, thing looks brand new still and I never even noticed the skin.

9. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I agree an invisible shield type protector is perfect as it protects the back and sides and doesn't add bulk.

I like to have that on the back with a screen protector on the front and a Smart Cover which makes it look smart.

10. richardmu macrumors 6502a

Tried a smart cover then a smart case on my iPad 2 and eventually settled on a cheap soft TPU back cover.

However, my new Air feels so light and 'fragile' I've gone for another smart case. Made it feel almost as heavy as my old 2 but for now I'll keep it. Guaranteed in a couple of weeks the newness and must protect it feeling will wear off and a back cover will be bought!

11. Valinor, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013

Valinor macrumors member

You could always buy a back "screen" protector.
    Prevents scratches and you wont have a case.
    I bought one from xtremeguard.com
    3 dollars for a back only protector if you use the discountcode: 85off2
    Getting it on is bit crappy and after a while the edges get dirty and a bit loose but for 3 dollars I find it ok.

12. Oui macrumors 6502